The WCB JGC is responsible for:
- Contract compliance and oversight, including monitoring to ensure the contract is achieving the desired outcomes; clarifying & interpreting the contract terms; and amending the contract terms & conditions as necessary ; and
- Consultation and input into WCB’s relevant positions, practices, program development and other areas that may impact the interface between the physicians and WCB or impact the physician’s office operations.
WCB JGC members will obtain guidance and/or decision-making authority from their respective organizations as required (e.g.: CEO, Board of Directors, etc.).
Decisions are consensus based.
Physicians interested in serving on the WCB JGC must:
- Be a member of Doctors Nova Scotia
- Have a solid understanding of workers compensation billings and issues
- Be willing to commit to a three-year term
- Be willing to represent the entire physician membership, not just their own interests
- Be willing to work collaboratively with WCB
Serving on the WCB JGC requires:
- Quarterly meetings (each two hours long)
- Review of meeting materials
- Issues review and communication between scheduled meetings
- Additional meetings as required
|WCB Joint Governance Committee Membership|
|Dr. Manoj Vohra, WCB co-chair||September 2018|
|Dr. Chris Milburn, DNS co-chair||September 2018|
|Daniel Makhan||January 2021|
|Dr. Nina Lucas||December 2021|
|Dr. Cindy Marshall||June 2020|
|Dr. Edvin Koshi||December 2021|
|Jessica Moore, staff||September 2018|
|Nancy Milford, staff||October 2017|
Note: WCB JGC members cannot send delegates to JGC meetings on their behalf.
Expression of interest
Doctors Nova Scotia members interested in serving on the WCB JGC should submit an Expression of Interest form.