The WCB JGC holds the decision-making authority related to:
- The terms and conditions of the contract or its interpretation, including fees; and
- The terms of reference for the JGC and any subcommittees.
WCB JGC members will obtain guidance and/or decision-making authority from their respective organizations as required (e.g.: CEO, Board of Directors, etc.).
Decisions are consensus based.
Physicians interested in serving on the WCB JGC must:
- Be a member of Doctors Nova Scotia
- Have a solid understanding of workers compensation billings and issues
- Be willing to commit to a three-year term
- Be willing to represent the entire physician membership, not just their own interests
- Be willing to work collaboratively with WCB
Serving on the WCB JGC requires:
- Quarterly meetings (each two hours long)
- Review of meeting materials
- Issues review and communication between scheduled meetings
- Additional meetings as required
|WCB Joint Governance Committee Membership|
|Dr. Manoj Vohra, WCB co-chair||September 2018|
|Dr. Chris Milburn, DNS co-chair||September 2018|
|Daniel Makhan||January 2021|
|Dr. Michael Fleming||2015|
|Dr. Cindy Marshall||June 2020|
|Jessica Moore, staff||September 2018|
|Nancy Milford, staff||October 2017|
Note: WCB JGC members cannot send delegates to JGC meetings on their behalf.
Expression of interest
Doctors Nova Scotia members interested in serving on the WCB JGC should submit an Expression of Interest form.