Doctors Nova Scotia (DNS) is the professional association representing all physicians in the province. The association has more than 3,500 members, including practising physicians, retired physicians, medical students and residents.
Doctors Nova Scotia is the collective voice of physicians in Nova Scotia. On behalf of the province’s doctors, the association is committed to working with all partners in health-care delivery to ensure Nova Scotia is positioned to recruit and retain talented and skilled physicians, introduce new and innovative ways to deliver health care, and to continuously look for ways to improve patient care and access.
Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Doctors Nova Scotia is committed to developing and supporting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable environment for both physicians and staff. We encourage applicants from equity-deserving populations to self-identify in their application as we will give preference to these applicants. Equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are woven into the fabric of DNS through an EDI framework. The association’s commitments to EDI are upheld through regular education sessions; a Respectful Workplace Policy for staff, Board and committee members; external audits; a staff EDI committee; and routine application of an equity lens in all organizational decision-making. If you have questions about how DNS can ensure a safer place of employment for you, or how the hiring process can accommodate your needs, we invite you to reach out to the contact person listed in the ad.
Why work with us?
When people come to work at Doctors Nova Scotia, they stay. That’s because we value our people and we’re passionate about what we do. We have an award-winning culture that inspires everyone to work to their full potential. Trust and accountability are the foundation of our workplace culture. Flexibility and fun are just a few of the elements that we cherish.
We offer an extensive combination of benefits and perks to inspire positivity and productivity.
- Flexibility/working remotely: To support work-life balance, we offer options for flexible work location and hours. Doctors Nova Scotia believes that flexibility in allowing employees to choose where and when they work plays a foundational role in maintaining our positive and productive organizational culture. You choose where you do your best work, and of course we will provide you with the tools and technology you need if you are working remotely.
- Half-day Fridays in the summer: You heard that right. Take off at noon and enjoy the sun while it’s here!
- Wellness: We provide a $250 annual wellness benefit for our employees.
- Benefits Plan: Your employee benefits include access to a health and dental plan with a $300/year health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and employer contributions to a group RRSP savings plan.
- Vacation: You’ll start off with three weeks of paid vacation – and we’ll encourage you to use it!
- Fun: We recognize that even though we are working, it’s important to have fun. Although the pandemic and working remotely have required us to be creative about staying connected and having fun, we still make it a priority. We celebrate birthdays, and as a bonus, everyone gets to take the afternoon off on their birthday!
- Location: If you are working at our office in Burnside, you’ll have access to lakeside trails just across the street and plenty of free parking for staff and we’re just a minute from Dartmouth Crossing for lunch-time errands and shopping.
Current job opportunities
There are no opportunities at this time.