Nominations are now closed. Three members were elected by acclamation and four seats remain vacant.
Appointments by acclamation
- Dr. Richard Gale, Cumberland County
- Dr. Stephen McCarthy, Colchester/Hants counties
- Dr. Cindy Marshall, Halifax County (metro)
- Dr. Katherine Quackenbush, Halifax County (rural)
One vacancy remains in each of the following areas:
- Inverness, Victoria, Cape Breton and Richmond counties
- Pictou County
- Antigonish/Guysborough County
To fill the vacant seats, the Section of Family Doctors Council can appoint family doctors from those counties, with the option to re-appoint the incumbents who are eligible for a second term. If you’re interested in sitting on the Section of Family Doctors Council or if you want more information, contact Dr. Mary Gorman, Chair of Section of Family Doctors Council.