Your physician advisor can help you:
- Understand Physician Agreement, Alternative Payment Plan (APP) and return of service (ROS) contracts*
- Review and negotiate your deliverables documents
- Review and interpret your Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the NSH
- Access DNS member benefits
- Facilitate a local medical staff association
- Support provincial recruitment and retention initiatives
- Understand fee structures and file new fee applications
- Resolve issues with billings, audit and appeal
- Open or close a medical practice
*For assistance with AFP contract matters, email Maureen Connolly, compensation manager, academic funding plans, or call 902-481-4906.
Your physician advisors
Kim Oakley, Physician Advisory Team Lead, will be familiar to many physicians from her role in the 2015 contract negotiations. Since then, she has worked to support physicians with questions about the 2015 Physician Agreement and to help physicians resolve APP contract issues.
Jennifer Girard, Physician advisor (Zone 4-Central), has over 30 years of experience in Nova Scotia’s health care system including frontline as a paramedic, various roles within the hospital setting and a number of years as a policy analyst with Doctors Nova Scotia.
Ryan Brown, Physician advisor (Zones 2-Northern and 3-Eastern) is a lifelong “Caper” residing in Sydney. He has broad experience in health care, spanning front-line practice, academia and international consulting. For 15 years, Ryan’s primary role was in the Emergency Health Services ground ambulance system, where he held leadership positions in research, education and operations. He also has expertise in interprofessional practice as a practice lead with Nova Scotia.
Noelle Moulaison, Physician advisor (Zone 1-Western) lives in the Yarmouth region and has worked directly with many physician members in the Western zone in her previous roles with NSH, most recently as a Medical Education & Physician Advisor. She has great knowledge and insight into the issues facing the medical community in the Western zone.