Membership invoices are issued on Sept 1. Payment is due by Oct. 1. If payment is not received by Oct. 1, the following penalties apply to all members:
- If payment is not received in full by Nov. 30, all DNS benefits and privileges will be withheld, which includes:
- Removal from the health and dental plan
- Delays with honoraria payments
- Ineligible to vote on contract agreements or Board of Directors elections
- Ineligible to access DNS affinity partner programs, such as preferred rates on Telus mobility smartphones and packages and home and auto insurance offered by TD Meloche Monnex
- If payment is not received in full by Jan. 15, DNS will take one of the following actions:
- Direct the Department of Health and Wellness to garnish your MSI payments as outlined in the 2019 Master Agreement
- Retain a collections agency to pursue the outstanding amount
Full members/special consideration members
If membership dues aren't paid on or before the Oct. 1 deadline, a late fee of 10 per cent of the outstanding amount owing will be charged.
All other member categories
For all other member categories, a late fee of 10% of the outstanding DNS dues is added if the invoice isn't paid on or before Oct. 1.
Missed monthly payments
Members are permitted one missed payment without penalty. They will be notified within five business days of the missed payment to make alternative arrangements for payment. If a member has a second missed payment or fails to make a payment within two weeks after notification of the first missed payment, they can no longer make monthly payments through direct bank withdrawals. The member must make monthly payments using a credit card or pay the remaining balance. For any subsequent missed payments, the member is required to pay the remaining balance for annual membership dues within one month from notification. For more details, consult the Non-payment of DNS Dues Policy.