Medical student bursary program
To be eligible for the medical student bursary, you must:
- Be a member of DNS
- Be a member of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- Be enrolled at Dalhousie Medical School or a Nova Scotia student studying medicine at Université de Sherbrooke in Quebec
- Be a volunteer on a committee or working group, or a volunteer for an organization, coalition or government program that falls within a health-related field
- Be a resident of Nova Scotia as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Agree to share financial information with DNS
2020–21 application forms
Deadline to apply for the 2020–21 medical student bursary program is 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 30. Apply today!
2019-20 bursary winners
Six Dalhousie Medical School students each received $5,000 for the 2019-20 Medical Student Bursary Program. The recipients were Eric MacNeill, Amanda MacDonald, Clara Long, Jake Macpherson, Dianne Ramsay and Cameron Taylor. Doctors Nova Scotia selected the winners based on their need, community involvement and dedication to the medical field.