Medical student bursary program
To be eligible for the medical student bursary, you must:
- Be a member of DNS
- Be a member of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- Be enrolled at Dalhousie Medical School or a Nova Scotia student studying medicine at Université de Sherbrooke in Quebec
- Be a volunteer on a committee or working group, or a volunteer for an organization, coalition or government program that falls within a health-related field
- Be a resident of Nova Scotia as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Agree to share financial information with DNS
2018–19 application forms
Application forms for the 2018–19 medical student bursary program are now available. Brochures will also be distributed to students attending Dalhousie Medical School and Nova Scotia residents studying medicine at Université de Sherbrooke in Quebec at the beginning of the academic year. Apply by 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 30, 2018.
2017–18 bursary winners
Six Dalhousie Medical School students each received $5,000 for the 2017-18 Medical Student Bursary Program. The recipients were David Hung, Hans Lafford, Sean Nurmsoo, Bartosz Orzel, Atul Sabharwal and Thomas Toguri. Doctors Nova Scotia selected the winners based on their need, community involvement and dedication to the medical field.