Physician Leadership Institute
Doctors Nova Scotia has collaborated with CMA Joule to offer two-day courses. Doctors Nova Scotia members are able to participate at a reduced rate because DNS is subsidizing 60 percent of the program costs for physicians.
The association is pleased to offer $200/weekend to cover expenses related to childcare. Review the Childcare Policy here.
Leadership Begins with Self Awareness
In your professional life, you may face many obstacles: the struggle to make meaningful change at work, clashing with certain personality types or feeling disengaged. The solutions – which require creativity, innovative thinking and collaboration – must start with self-awareness.
In this PLI course, you will begin to develop a profound sense of self through examining your personal vision and values, personality attributes, emotional intelligence skills and intrinsic strengths. These personal insights will help shape your leadership development plan. Participants can expect to learn how to:
- recognize the critical importance of personal mastery as a foundation for effective leadership
- achieve a more complete view of yourself as a leader with respect to personal values and principles, personality style, emotional intelligence and strengths
- develop strategies to harness your strengths and manage your limitations
- establish a professional development action plan that includes setting personal leadership goals
Date: Feb. 20 to April 2, 2023
Time commitment: Live webinars will be held each Thursday from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. (AT) starting Feb. 23 and ending March 30. There will also be three to four hours per week of independent activities, including several pre-course assessments.
Cost: $1,000 per participant
Registration deadline: Jan. 30, 2023
Capacity: 20 participants (first come, first served)
Don’t miss out – register today!
Physician Leadership Institute courses are designed especially for physicians. They have been delivered for 35 years and have a 98% participant satisfaction rate. The courses are also accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
If you have any questions or are looking for more information, please contact Samantha Graham.
Maximize your potential with PLI courses and collaborate with your peers to solve problems and challenges unique to your situation. Physician Leadership Institute courses are designed specifically for physicians, have been delivered for over 35 years and have a 98% satisfaction rate.
Leadership Begins with Self-awareness is the second of four courses that will be offered in 2023. The remaining courses are:
- Leading Change: Learn the strategies you need to lead positive change (details coming soon)
- Creating a Healthy Work Culture through Trauma-informed Leadership: Develop leadership skills to foster recovery, build wellness and promote post-traumatic growth in the health-care workforce (details coming soon)
Physician Leadership Development Program
The association has again collaborated with CMA Joule to offer a Physician Leadership Development Program that aims to enhance the skills of experienced leaders to influence health system decisions that affect physicians and patients. The program is comprised of six, two-day modules to be completed over a six-month period.
Other learning opportunities
Our partners offer leadership learning opportunities. Click here for more information.