Choosing Wisely Nova Scotia is in the process of reviewing research and identifying which medical tests and treatments are overused in Nova Scotia and will release its findings and recommendations.
Choosing Wisely Nova Scotia is led by the Dalhousie Faculty of Medicine and Doctors Nova Scotia, and works in partnership with Nova Scotia Health, the Nova Scotia College of Family Physicians, Workers’ Compensation Board of Nova Scotia and student and patient representatives.
Choosing Wisely Nova Scotia team
- Dr. Constance LeBlanc, co-chair
- Stewart Gray, DNS senior e-health strategist – co-chair
- Dr. Samuel Campbell, champion
- Marihan Farid, Meriel Fitzgerald, Bright Huo and Emma McDermott, STARS (Students and Trainees Advocating for Resource stewardship)
- Ashton Ferguson, co-ordinator
- Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations and resources “Antibiotic Wisely” campaign
- “More is Not Always Better” campaign
- Choosing Wisely Canada events
- Six things medical students and trainees should question
- Five things residents and patients should question
- Patient pamphlets
For more information about Choosing Wisely Nova Scotia, or to learn about how to become involved, email: CWNS@dal.ca
Follow Choosing Wisely Nova Scotia on Twitter: @choosewiselyNS