The annual conference is a chance for physicians to develop relationships that they can leverage for years to come. It’s also an opportunity for them to help shape DNS. With many communities across Nova Scotia facing challenges with physician recruitment and retention, the gathering is a unique opportunity for physicians to share learned experiences and help support each other.
2018 Annual Conference
The 2018 annual conference was held on the evening of June 8 and all day on June 9 at the Membertou Convention Centre in Sydney, Cape Breton.
- Wine and cheese opening reception on Friday night
- Hot breakfast
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Education sessions on Government Relations and Advocacy (accreditation pending)
- Achievement Awards luncheon
- Board reception and President’s dinner and dance
- Virtual attendance: delegates can attend the business sessions and participate and vote at the annual general meeting via webinar
Doctors Nova Scotia is pleased to offer a conference guest package for this year’s conference attendees. Members of DNS who register for the event can bring a guest at a reduced price. Physicians may purchase one guest package with each member conference package purchased.
- Member package: $225 + HST
- Senior physician/medical student package: $175 + HST
- Guest package: $175 + HST
All conference packages include the wine and cheese opening reception, hot breakfast, refreshment breaks, education session, AGM & members' forum, Achievement Awards Luncheon, and Board reception and President’s dinner and dance.
Can’t make it in person? You can attend register to attend the education sessions (accreditation pending) and the AGM via webinar. It’s free!
Saturday, June 9, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
AGM and members' forum
Saturday, June 9, 2:15 to 4:30 p.m.
Education session – Government Relations and Advocacy