Future of Family Medicine: Nova Scotia family physicians’ vision and priorities (2021)
The research behind this report sought to understand what Doctors Nova Scotia’s family medicine advocacy should look like.
As Nova Scotia begins to explore new ways of remunerating and organizing primary care, it is crucial to understand how family physicians want to practise medicine and what their visions for the health system look like.
Study findings indicated:
- The future is female and gender diverse
- Opportunities for productive collaboration are key
- The best care is rooted in community
- Reflective evaluation and compensation are needed
- It is time to address the impact of the social determinants of health on primary care