This includes being licensed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia and credentialed by Nova Scotia Health (NSH), among other steps. Depending on your previous training, you may have to complete multiple exams or a residency.
To practise in Nova Scotia, you must follow these steps:
- Browse the provincial physician recruitment strategy.
- Discuss return of service agreements with Doctors Nova Scotia.
- Browse the latest job opportunities posted by Nova Scotia Health and practice opportunities posted by Doctors Nova Scotia
- Contact the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia to get a licence to practise medicine in the province.
- Acquire credentialing and privileging from Nova Scotia Health.
- Apply for Doctors Nova Scotia membership as required by the province’s Doctors Nova Scotia Act.
- Contact Medical Services Insurance (MSI) to get a billing number.
- Contact the Canadian Medical Protective Association to get medical liability protection and assistance.
- Have questions about practising in Nova Scotia? Physician advisors can help.