This inludes being licensed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia and credentialed by the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA), among other steps. Depending on your previous training, you may have to complete multiple exams or a residency.
To practise in Nova Scotia, you must follow these steps:
- Browse the provincial physician recruitment strategy.
- Browse the latest job opportunities posted by the Nova Scotia Health Authority and practice opportunities posted by Doctors Nova Scotia
- Contact the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia to get a licence to practise medicine in the province.
- Acquire credentialing and privileging from the Nova Scotia Health Authority.
- Apply for Doctors Nova Scotia membership as required by the province’s Doctors Nova Scotia Act.
- Contact Medical Services Insurance (MSI) to get a billing number.
- Contact the Canadian Medical Protective Association to get medical liability protection and assistance.