- Become a member - apply for or change your Doctors Nova Scotia membership.
- Learn about your benefits – view the comprehensive Member Benefits Guide, which summarizes all of the benefits and services available to Doctors Nova Scotia members.
- Pay your dues – Your membership dues fund important association activities, including contract negotiations, EMR support and physician advisors, and the administration of the extended health and dental plan. Membership dues should be paid by October 1 of each year.
- Tax information – Find out how to access your T3, T4 and T4A forms.
- Find out about Master Agreement programs and funding, learn how to apply for a new fee or a fee adjustment, or contact a Physician Advisor for contract support.
- Physicians on Alternative Payment Plans (APPs) have individual contracts and unique contract concerns. Learn about the APP model, find out how to convert to an APP or ask for contract support. Remember – call before you sign.
- If you are a specialist practising in Halifax, your work is likely governed by a clinical/academic funding plan (C/AFP) contract. Doctors Nova Scotia helps each C/AFP department negotiate its contract, as well as accountability metrics and deliverables.
View contract information section
- Medavie Blue Cross is the company contracted by the Department of Health and Wellness to administer the Medical Service Insurance (MSI) program.
- Doctors Nova Scotia offers guidance on MSI billing and can help physicians navigate pre-payment assessments, post-payment audits and the appeal process.
- DNS offers on demand videos to support family physician billings.
DNS published a number of tool kits to help physicians with virtual care delivery, e-health, privacy and security, care during COVID-19 and the delivery of comprehensive primary care.
Electronic medical records (EMRs) can improve efficiency and record-keeping, making it faster and easier for physicians to deliver patient care. Doctors Nova Scotia’s EMR advisors can help you choose and implement an EMR, navigate privacy concerns and access EMR funding.
Doctors Nova Scotia’s Physician Advisors visit physicians in the communities where they practice. If you’ve got a question about your contract, billing, converting to an APP or need help resolving an issue with the Department of Health and Wellness or the Nova Scotia Health Authority, your Physician Advisor can help.
Click here for an overview of the Doctors Nova Scotia benefits and services available for practising physicians/medical students/residents/senior and retired members.