The PSP program responds to the urgent needs of members in crisis and also supports initiatives, workshops and other resources that promote wellness, resiliency and balanced living. Based across Nova Scotia, PSP counsellors have no affiliation with licensing and regulatory bodies or related university training programs of the three professions they serve.
- Daily Zoom meetings: Coping with COVID-19
Physicians are welcome to join Drs. Jaqueline Kinley and John Chiasson, director of the PSP, for daily online meetings (via Zoom) to chat about coping strategies and mental health concerns with COVID-19. Meetings are daily at 1 p.m. and are open to all physicians. Click here for the Zoom meeting link
- Special Zoom session: Monday, April 6 at 4–5 p.m. – Dr. Alexa Bagnell on coping with kids at home during COVID-19. Click here for the Zoom meeting link Password is required: 050891
- Special Zoom session: Wednesday, April 8 at 4–5 p.m. – Dr. Nicole Herschenhous on mindfulness for physicians: back to basics. Click here for the Zoom meeting link Password is required: 050891
- Advice on healthy coping strategies
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: Mental health and the COVID-19 pandemic
Who we help
The PSP supports a variety of health professionals and their families, including practising and retired physicians and veterinarians; medical students, residents and fellows; veterinary students and assistants; and the partners and dependent children of those professionals.
All information physicians share with the PSP counsellors is confidential, including personal and health information, and the fact that they have contacted the PSP for help. Counsellors do not collect, use or disclose information without consent or as required by law.