To qualify for the stipend, you must be actively practising in Nova Scotia (have billings during the period of March 1 prior to the payment up to the time of the payment) and meet the other program eligibility criteria outlined below.
General practitioners – $2,000 per year
- Eligibility as a general practitioner (GP) is established by license.
- To be eligible for a CME support payment, you must maintain a license and have billings or contract-based funding of $75,000 or more in the previous year.
Non-rural non-AFP specialist – $4,000 per year
- Physician qualifies as a non-rural fee-for-service specialist.
- To be eligible for a CPD payment, you must maintain a license and have actual fee-for service billings of $125,000 or more in the previous year.
Rural specialist – $4,000 per year
- To be eligible for a CPD support payment, you must be a rural specialist, maintain a license and have actual fee-for-service billings of $125,000 or equivalent payments through a rural specialty contract in the previous year.
The DHW may randomly withhold annual payments from select physicians pending submission of supporting documentation of CPD activities.