Roles and responsibilities
The successful nominee will be expected to serve a three-year term: a year as President-Elect, a year as President and, finally, a year as Past-President. Serving on the Board of Directors and the Board Executive Committee is part of the three-year commitment. More information can be found in the Role of Officers.
Any eligible Doctors Nova Scotia member may be nominated for President-Elect.
Feb. 25, 2019, is the deadline for President-Elect nominations for the 2019 Annual General Meeting.
- Be a member in good standing
- Have been a member for at least five years
- Have experience in leadership roles
- Be recognized as a leader by their peers
- Have good communications skills
- Have nomination supported by two Doctors Nova Scotia members
Considered an asset:
- Experience on Doctors Nova Scotia Board of Directors
- Other governance experience
- Formal leadership development or training
If the Nominating Committee has more than one strong candidate, it may choose to consider other determinants such as geographic region, specialty or gender. Diversity can be a consideration if the committee feels it’s necessary.