The Fee Committee has decision-making authority to approve adjustments to the MSI Physician's Manual, including:
- the introduction of new fees
- revisions or deletions of existing fee codes
- additions, revisions or clarifications of the Preamble to the MSI Physician’s Manual
When the committee cannot reach consensus, the matter will be referred to the Master Agreement Management Group (MAMG).
The Fee Committee operates under the same terms of reference as the former Fee Schedule Advisory Committee.
Physicians interested in serving on the Fee Committee must:
- Be a member of Doctors Nova Scotia but NOT a member of the association’s Board of Directors
- Have a solid understanding of physician billing rules/Preamble
- Be willing to commit to a three-year term
- Be willing to represent the entire physician membership, not just their section
- Be willing to work collaboratively with Department of Health and Wellness
Serving on the Fee Committee requires:
- Eleven meetings per year (each four hours long)
- Review of meeting materials
- Additional meetings as required
Note: Fee Committee terms do not have end dates; however, the appointments have to be renewed by the Board of Directors every three years.
Expression of interest
Doctors Nova Scotia members interested in serving on the Fee Committee should submit an Expression of Interest form.
|Fee Committee Membership|
|Ken Wilson, co-chair||January 2015|
|Michelle Raiche-Marsden||October 2008|
|Kevork Peltekian||November 2012|
|Alison Wellwood||September 2016|
|Alana Patterson (interim)||November 2017|