Section of Physician Leaders meeting
The Section’s first meeting of the year will cover two important topics.
As you know, the Master Agreement and C/AFP Agreement expire on March 31, 2023. Doctors Nova Scotia (DNS) and the provincial government have agreed to do this round of negotiations differently, using a process called interest-based negotiation. Alana Patterson, Director of Physician Compensation and Practice Support at DNS, will provide some information about what interest-based negotiation is, how it can provide better opportunities when tackling complex issues and how some of the principles might apply to situations in our daily lives.
Given the upcoming contract negotiations and current system focus on innovation, we know change is top of mind for many physicians. Effective management in times of change requires a special skillset. For the second part of this meeting, we are pleased to offer a shortened version of the Physician Leadership Institute course “Introduction to Change Management,” facilitated by Scott Comber. Participants can expect to learn how to:
- Apply strategies to lead change, minimize resistance, increase engagement and evaluate change
- Differentiate and describe the difference between change management and transition management, and apply this – understanding the transition skills needed to effectively address the three stages of transition (ending, transition, beginning)
- Briefly show how Prosci’s ADKAR framework can minimize resistance
- Communicate and influence stakeholders, and develop key communication messages regarding change initiatives
- Describe and apply approaches to minimize resistance to change and increase engagement