The Safer Opioid Prescribing Program (Session 1 of 4 - Assessing Chronic Complex Pain)
The Program assists physicians, medical residents, and nurse practitioners in acquiring knowledge and learning new skills in chronic pain management and opioid prescribing. Through the webinar series and workshop, physicians, nurse practitioners and medical residents will better be able to:
• Employ multi-modal approaches to complex chronic pain;
• Initiate & manage effective opioid therapy;
• Prevent & address opioid use disorder;
• Communicate & collaboration with patients and other health care providers to optimize patient care
Live Webinar Series (8-10 p.m.)
• September 14, 2021 Assessing Chronic Complex Pain
• October 12, 2021: Prescribing Opioids in Chronic Pain
• November 10, 2021: Addressing Opioid Challenges and Addiction
Full-day Virtual Workshop (8:30a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
Saturday, November 27, 2021
This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada, and has been certified by the Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto for up to 27.0 Mainpro+ credits.
This activity is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Participants must complete all three live webinars and workshop and complete all pre & post work in order to obtain the 27 Mainpro+ credits.
24 seats available
Registrations must be completed on or before Sept. 3, 2021