Safer Opioid Prescribing Program Live Webinar Series
• February 2, 2021, 8-10 p.m. (Prescribing Opioids in Chronic Pain)
• March 3, 2021 (Addressing Opioid Challenges and Addiction)
• Date TBD March 6 or March 27, 2021, Full-day Virtual Workshop (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
PLEASE NOTE: Participants who fail to attend a webinar will not be permitted to proceed in the course as sessions are NOT recorded. Participants must attend all three live webinars in order to attend the virtual workshop.
Registrations must be completed on or before Dec. 18, 2020.
Nova Scotia Health’s Atlantic Mentorship Network- Pain & Addiction (AMN-P&A) in partnership with Doctors Nova Scotia is pleased to offer the Safer Opioid Prescribing Program. Developed and presented by the University of Toronto, the course is evidence-based, free of industry conflicts of interest and available to physicians, nurse practitioners and medical residents who prescribe opioids.
The Program assists physicians, medical residents and nurse practitioners in acquiring knowledge and learning new skills in chronic pain management and opioid prescribing. Through the webinar series and workshop, physicians, nurse practitioners and medical residents will better be able to:
• Employ multi-modal approaches to complex chronic pain;
• Initiate & manage effective opioid therapy;
• Prevent & address opioid use disorder;
• Communicate & collaboration with patients and other health care providers to optimize patient care
This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada, and has been certified by the Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto for up to 27.0 Mainpro+ credits.
This activity is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Participants must complete all three live webinars and workshop in order to obtain credits.