Coverage for Practising Physicians
Receive a tax-free lump sum benefit of up to $250,000 when you survive a diagnosis of one of 25 illnesses, including heart attack, stroke and cancer. You may use these funds as you see fit, helping you and your family with the additional expenses that accompany a critical illness.
Disability insurance is a simple and cost-effective way of providing a steady flow of tax-free income during a period of disability. Your OMA disability insurance plan is designed to keep pace with your needs throughout your career with physician-specific coverages to protect you from the financial impact of sickness or injury with up to $25,000 per month of coverage and eligibility for Annual Premium Refunds.
- Monthly benefit of up to $25,000
- Choice of elimination period
- Survivor benefit
- 70+ disability insurance coverage option – If you are providing at least 25 hours of medical services a week at age 70, you can extend you disability coverage. This allows you to choose a monthly benefit, from $500 to a maximum of $1,000. Guaranteed acceptance with no medical evidence required.
OMA Insurance has life insurance solutions to suit every stage of your life and career, with coverage available from $100,000 to $3,000,000.
- Flex 10 & Flex 20 Life Insurance: Provides uncompromising protection with the flexibility to choose the right term coverage for you and your family, with competitive rates that are locked in and guaranteed not to increase for the option that you select
- Term Plus Life Insurance: Gives you affordable coverage that keeps pace with your lifestyle, increasing by 10% every year up to 10 years with no medical questions asked. After you turn age 75, you'll continue to receive coverage for life, without having to pay any further premiums
Coverage for Students
Student special offer
Medical school costs are demanding. This unique offer features discounted disability rates, plus complimentary life insurance. Your disability benefits will automatically increase as you progress through medical school and residency, from $1,500 during your first year up to $4,000 in your fourth year, without any medical evidence or health questions asked.
- $100,000 of complimentary life insurance
- Up to 75% discount on disability insurance
- No medical evidence required
Coverage for Residents Transitioning to Practice
Given the demands that the post-residency period brings, the “Essentials” offer gives residents the ease and flexibility to choose all or a combination of life, disability and professional overhead expense insurance.
- 50% discount on disability insurance and professional overhead expense insurance. Step premiums for your first two years of practice
- Up to $5,000 monthly disability insurance benefit
- Up to $1,000,000 of life insurance
- Worldwide portability
- No exclusions for pre-existing conditions
- No medical evidence or financial disclosure if you enroll within 120 days of successfully completing residency